This is my go-to Christmas cookie recipe. Nutella is the most divine indulgence ever created! I love this gooey, yumminess! Perfection is found in this recipe; it has a little crunch, then you hit the fudge center…ohhh man…seriously my favorite for years..maybe even decades! We make these and Pizzelles every year at my house. Although….. I have been Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free for over a month now. I will have to find some new favorites…and I will share. My family is still food as usual, so I will make these soon. My children are more than ready for some Christmas Sweets! ENJOY this one!
Yield: 60 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes (per cookie sheet)
2 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1 Cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
sugar, red, or green sugar sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a your mixing bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Mix with an electric mixer and the paddle attachment, to cream the ingredients together, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla blend until fully mixed.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, half at a time, just until incorporated.
- Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the cookie balls in the sprinkles or sugar, pressing to adhere.
- Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven when they have spread out and begin to have crinkled lines on top. They should not be browned.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.(definitely get them off the cookie sheet because they keep cooking!)
Summer Twist: Add icecream for a bite-sized ice cream sandwich!