This meal saves me during the week, when I am busy and don’t have time to cook. I make this all the time, with fish, pork chops, or chicken. It’s my favorite meal personally. Shake-n-Bake Pork Chops were one of my favorite meals mom made. We were so busy then and I am very busy now; this is my way to control salt, flavors, etc. It is quick and doesn’t require all those steps that usually go along with breaded chicken. Now that I think about it, I have breadcrumbs, Adobo Seasoning, and Grated cheese in my house at all times. Weird but true! You will love this recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
6-8 Chicken breast (or pork chops, or *fish fillets)
1 Cup Seasoned Bread crumbs
1/4 Cup grated cheese of your choice (I like the blends of Romano, or Pecorino, or just Parmesan will work too)
2 Tbsp olive oil (2 separate uses)
Adobo Seasoning (found in the Mexican isle)
- Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray, and pre-heat oven to 385 degrees
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, grated cheese, and only HALF of the olive oil, set aside
- Arrange Chicken in bottom of 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle Adobo seasoning generously across chicken.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil on chicken.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture evenly across top of chicken.
- Bake, Uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Chicken should read 165 degrees on a thermometer
*Fish fillets will be thinner than your average pork chop and chicken breast. They will be done much sooner. I usually have individually frozen tilapia fillets in the freezer. I cook this meal with frozen fish A LOT! Replace the Adobo seasoning with a lighter sprinkling of Old Bay seasoning and the flavors remind me of summer. Finally, if the meat is super cold from the fridge, you meal will be a little tougher. It can sit out on the counter while you get things ready!