We make these most years in class, but I tried these with my own teenagers over break, on our big snow day! My youngest has made these almost everyday since. Since I leave long before they get up most days, this is a recipe that works! They are fast, protein filled, and perfectly filling. They can customize it for themselves, with what I have in the kitchen!
NOTE: batters with raw egg, should be thrown out after 48 hours for food safety.
These can be made savory or sweet, btw. Chicken crepe recipe coming soon!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
¾ cup milk
½ cup flour
1 ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
1 block cream cheese
1/4 C sugar
fresh fruit; blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, powdered sugar
- In a blender, beat all ingredients until smooth. Batter should be the consistency of heavy cream.
- Heat an 8” frying pan over medium heat.
- Grease lightly with margarine.
- Once pan is heated, pour a ladel of batter in the center of the pan. Move the pan quickly in all directions so that the batter covers the entire bottom portion of the pan.
- Your crepe should start to change color as it cooks, from the outside, inward.
- Cook until the edges are a light golden brown and the surface looks dry.
- Run a rubber spatula along the edges to loosen the crepe from the pan.
- Turn the crepe over in the pan and cook the other side for about 20-25 seconds.
- Place filling down one half of crepe.
- Fold the other side over the filling.
- Place dollop of filling in top half of crepe topped with several pieces of fruit.
- Fold crepe over filling.
- Top with fresh fruit and powdered sugar