Chick-fil-A has been a big part of my life in the South, It is delicious and it is convenient when you have practices, upon practices. Somehow I always felt it was healthier….but maybe not? I have seen several recipes that have the taste pretty spot on.
If you have Peanut Allergies, this works fine with ANY light oil that you usually saute with, maybe not olive oil.
I will forever marinade my chicken in pickle juice. I think I may have to drop the powdered sugar though and find a lower fat baked version, but for entertaining…sugar stays in, it makes the filet!!
This is a combination of the recipes I’ve tried! If you prefer nuggets, simply dice your chicken and then marinade!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes Marinade Time 30-60 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 3 Chicken breast
- 1 Cup pickle juice
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 T Adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1.5 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 Cup Peanut oil (I used Canola/Veg. Oil and it tasted great!)- for sauteing!
- Preheat oven to 385, place large baking sheet (it should have edges) into oven
- Cut chicken breasts in half, place in plastic bag, and pound thin
- Pour pickle juice in bag, marinate for 1/2- 1 hour
- In the meantime, whisk milk and eggs in a bowl
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, and seasonings
- Pour 2 Tbsp oil in skillet and heat for 3-4 minutes until HOT (when you drop a few water droplets into pan it should sizzle!)
- Dredge marinated chicken in egg mixture, flour, and then fry for 2 minutes each side until browned
- Place browned chicken in oven to finish off.
- Add more oil when needed, make sure you let the new oil heat up. Also, do not crowd the pan as it will lower the temp of your pan and make the chicken greasy.