This will be your favorite cook-out bring along! I always offer to bring this, for two reasons. First, it’s super fast, easy, and cheap. In season is very inexpensive, this is basic supply and demand. Second, it looks like you tried a little! This stuff is so delicious, and you cannot mess this up! It’s all in the salt and pepper. You can add any color pepper you want to this dish. Don’t forget the jalepeno, poblano, or I often throw any leftover salsa verde I have in there! Enjoy this recipe all summer long!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 8-16 servings
8 Ears Corn- Shucked and cleaned
4 T butter
1 green or red pepper diced
1 yellow onion diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steps 1-5 can be done day ahead to free your schedule up.
- Boil cleaned corn in salted water for approx 10 minutes.
- Strain and shock in a pot of cold ice water to stop cooking (Alternatively, you can run cold water over it for a few minutes to slow cooking dramatically)
- Leave in strainer to drain excess water 5 minutes or so
- Place 3 pieces of corn in tin foil. Rub 1/2 T butter per stick, salt and pepper each piece generously, sprinkle some onions and peppers in foil packet and seal. Please note that when you are sealing packet you do not want any juices to drip onto your grill, make sure seams are on top!
- With a fork, poke 2-3 times on top to vent steam.
- Place on grill for 15-20 minutes until warmed and ready to serve
- The flavor comes from the generously salting and peppering!
- Place all corn into a large pan, top corn with butter, generous amts of salt and pepper, onions and peppers.
- Cover with tin foil – Do NOT VENT and bake at 385 for 20-30 minutes until fully heated