It is peach season! These peaches need a little lime to help their flavor stand up to all that is going on in here. If your peaches aren’t quite ripe yet, just add a bit of sugar, a teaspoon at a time. The less you cook the veggies the more flavor pop they have! Also more nutrients remain in your food. So really you can leave them fresh and skip step one. Just top with lime and marinate while you prep everything else.
Quesadillas are brilliantly fast and a great way to use your leftovers. You can add heat with Jalepenos or Chiles in adobo sauce. BBQ sauce creates a warm zingy backgound note in this quick bit, but totally unnecessary!
Why Queso Fresco? It is salty and light and pings those peaches so nicely in your mouth…mmmmm. You could also do the traditional shredded cheeses, Mexican blend, Colby jack, Gouda shredded, Mozzarella would be fantastic in there.
Play with this recipe and enjoy this summer flavor bomb
1.5 ripe peaches
Thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Cups chicken cooked diced
1 Package Queso Fresco crumbled
8 Flour tortillas
1 can green chilis
3 Tbsp lime
1/4 red onion diced
Cooking oil as needed
- Saute Peaches, red onion, chilis for 2-3 minutes. If your peaches aren’t ripe, add 1 teaspoon of sugar, mix ,taste, and repeat if necessary. Add lime after you’ve removed from heat.
- Season chicken with Adobo seasoning
- Place 1 small drop of oil in pan, heat to medium
- Place tortilla in pan, warm for 1 minute, flip and begin adding filling
- On HALF of your tortilla, quickly layer chicken, peach mixture, cheese, bacon, and whatever else you are adding
- Fold Quesadilla in half and press with spatula, transfer to cutting board and let rest for a minute, cut like a pie!