This is a mix up of a few recipes I’ve used in the past. I have a friend who is gluten free, not because it is trendy, but because gluten makes her so sick and reeks havoc on her digestive system. Make sure to use Jello Brand Pudding to make this a gluten free option! I pulled this together in no time; it is rich and delicious. It also looks beautiful and stands up on its own, meaning that when you slice it or serve it; it literally stands tall and looks impressive when you serve it. Presentation matters when you are entertaining, and just a little trick here and there makes your basic no bake cheesecake look like you put incredible amounts of effort in! This can be fancy or down home and comfortable! Make it your own and enjoy!
Look for the tips in the recipe to make this so much faster!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 10-15 polite servings (1/2 Cup)
You can serve this in a pie plate, any glass bowl, individual glasses or dessert cups, and of course a trifle dish as pictured! Trifles are simply pretty layered desserts, no rules!
2 blocks of cream cheese
1/2 Cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 box instant chocolate pudding of your choice (or white chocolate or vanilla, you can adjust this to what your personal tastes are)
2 Cups whipping cream (1 pint container)
1/2 Cup milk
6-8 ounces of 60% cocoa chocolate chips or white chips if you are making a vanilla cheesecake (half a bag), melted (instructions below)
*** Garnish with sliced fruit of your choice- blackberries and sliced strawberries look great together. (kiwi or orange sections from a can would be beautiful too!) Drizzle with melted white or dark chocolate. You can also use store bought ice cream fudges and caramels, they are great for this!
- Melting chocolate and set aside: two ways
- Microwave safe bowl of measuring cup; microwave 30 seconds, mix microwave 30 seconds mix, then do 15 second intervals until its almost melted, the residual heat from the bowl will help melt it, DO NOT OVERHEAT, it burns quickly. If that happens unfortunately you’ll need to throw it out. No saving burnt chocolate.
- Double boiler: Small pot with water in it, topped with a bowl of some sort, metal, Pyrex, or Corelle, something of that sort. They all so sell double boiler sets. If you melt a lot of chocolate, this is a great tool to have!
- Warm cream cheese, in mixing bowl, in microwave for 40 seconds on power level Beat Cream cheese and sugar until smooth. All microwaves are different, but you’ll figure it out. I ALWAYS warm my cream cheese a little, it blends so easily! It’s faster than leaving it out to get room temperature.
- Mix in pudding mix and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add whipping cream while mixer is running, then add the milk in the same way, beat for 2-4 minutes to aerate and make light.
- Add melted chocolate, while mixer is running (if chocolate has firmed up, just pop into the microwave for a few seconds, stir and add in! The mixer will cool it down enough that the warm chocolate will not melt your cream cheese mixture
- Place in your preferred dish, top with sliced fruit and maybe a hot fudge drizzle or melted white chocolate drizzle