We first tasted this salad at the beginning of peach Season in Boone, NC. We went to this wonderful non-profit restaurant, F.A.R.M. It stands for Feed All Regardless of Means. They feed everyone, at whatever price point you are comfortable and all proceeds go to local food banks and to supply local families with food.
This salad bursts with summer fresh basil and sweet peaches. I love mozzarella in ours, because the creamy soft texture of fresh mozzarella compliments the peaches and balsamic perfectly. It’s super fast, great for a crowd, and elegant.
Hurry and make this yummy peach salad while the summer is here!
Time: 20 minutes
3 ripe peaches diced- (skins on there is good fiber in there!)
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp fresh basil
1/4 Cup balsamic
1 tsp Olive oil
1/2 Cup mozzarella diced or mozzarella pearls
pinch of salt
- Thicken Balsamic vinegar by bringing to a low simmer, in a small sauce pan. Simmer until amount decreased by half set aside to cool
- Whisk Olive oil and vinegar together, set aside
- Dice peaches and mozzarella, place in bowl
- Chop basil to release oils and flavor
- Add to peaches and mozzarella
- Toss with Balsamic vinegar and add a pinch of salt
- If your peaches are not sweet enough add a teaspoon of sugar to sweeten.
- Chill and serve
Variations are encouraged! If you’re a feta lover that would be delicious instead of the mozzarella in this salad; add pecans, candied pecans, walnuts, sunflower kernels, yellow raisins or dates!