This is my go to recipe for an easy, comfy, cozy meal. I love this on days when I’m trying to get a lot done at home, maybe I have company coming over and I have to clean and cook simultaneously. Preparing this is so easy, I can prep it and forget about it. The house smells fantastic and it is budget friendly, as far as beef cuts go these days.
My CorningWare Ceramic Roaster makes me so happy too! The ceramic creates a beautiful crust on the bottom and also cleans up with ease..which is great! CorningWare is one of my favorites, if you know me at all, you know I’m from the Corning area and a loyal CorningWare girl. My cabinet is full of CorningWare! My Mom worked for Corning her entire work life, and my Dad used Corning Corelle in our family restuarant forever.
CorningWare is my fave, it always performs at top levels and I love the colors which are always on trend. It is the best value for your money. I really dont mind spending on quality tools; this is a good purchase, you’ll use it constantly!
When buying beef, I look for Rump Roast. I like that cut for this crockpot meal. You could use any stewing beef that you can find though. This cut has lots of marbeled fat throughout that will render deliciously. This recipe starts in the oven This step is important to developing the rich flavor. We brown up the outside of the beef quickly, let it rest a little bit, slice it (thick or thin, it doesnt matter), then we throw it in the crockpot. You can also substitute your Instapot after browning the meat in the oven. It will pressure cook this meat quickly, just following the directions for your specific pressure cooker. This will definitely save you time.
The broth from this roast is helped along with a little beef base. If you’ve taken my classes at all, you know I LOVE the beef base, Better Than Bouillon. I do not buy any broths in a the can or a box, unless I’m in a hurry and need some bone broth to help in a pinch. Better than Bouillon is a concentrated beef base that you add water to and it makes a broth, It’s like bouillon cubes, but it’s a paste you keep in your refrigerator after you open it. Packing celery, carrots, yellow onion, and garlic around your roast creates a delicious broth, you can turn into gravy or throw in the freezer for another occasion. If you’re not following a keto plan or Carnivore plan, then add some root veggies or potatoes. For the last hour, you can add some sliced red potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and yukon gold potato slices. These veggies will add a deep richness to this dish.
Plating in an unexpected way can add some “ooh lala” for your guests. Try serving this in a bowl. Buy a delicious loaf of crusty bread from your favorite deli, break that into big chunks and line the bottom of your bowl. Top those big bread chuncks with the tender roast beef, potatoes, and veggies; then drizzle with the pan juices, au jou. You might want to garnish with sour cream and green onions, if you’re feeling fancy!
You will love this easy Roast Beef! It’s a tried and true recipe that should be a staple in your recipe box.
Easy Roast Beef
- 1 crockpot substitute your instapot or ninjafoodie
- 1 baking dish
- 3-4 lb rump Roast use any stewing meat
- 4 teaspoon beef base Better than Boullion (brand)
- 2 stalks celery trimmed, cleaned, bite, and chopped into
- 1 whole yellow onion sliced
- 1 whole carrot sliced
- 4 cloves garlic whole- smashed
- olive oil use your favorite oil
- Kosher salt or sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare any baking dish with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400
- Rinse beef off and place in baking dish3-4 lb rump Roast
- Place beef, fat side up in pan, drizzle roast with olive oilolive oil
- Heavily coat beef with Kosher salt and pepper on all sides. Creating a thick bark coatingKosher salt or sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes to form a crust
- Remove from oven, let rest for 20-30 minutes, slice thin or thick against the grain
- ("against the grain" means that the there are no lines across your slice, there should instead be many circular patterns in the slice)
- In crock pot, layer in meat, carrots, onion slices, celery, and garlic.2 stalks celery, 1 whole yellow onion, 1 whole carrot, 4 cloves garlic
- Add beef base to 1 Cup of hot water, then add to crock pot, this is to4 teaspoon beef base
- Continue to fill crock pot with hot water, just until it covers or almost covers ingredients.
- Set Crockpot on high and slow cook for 3-5 hours until falling apart. The time will vary depending on how thick you cut the beef.
4 Comments Add yours
Mouthwatering recipe, Cuz! Makes me hungry – thanks for sharing! 🙂
Did you see I said Carnivore I should start saying for Carnivore Kelli ❤️
The his looks and sounds delicious! Also mostly in one pot. I like that for clean up. I will be making this soon!
You will love it!