Tender crunch on the outside, gooey soft middle inside, this little cinnamon gem is addictive.
The cream of tarter stabilizes the egg whites and creates the crunch.
Do Not overbake these. They should be cracked on top when you remove them from the oven, but not browned. You are going to love this recipe!
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon sugar topping:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light in color and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill this dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and shape them into small balls.
- Roll them in a bowl of cinnamon sugar.
- Place them on a cookie tray
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are firm and the top of the cookie is cracked, the centers will still be soft.